Tuition & Fees 2017-2018
See chart below for all tuition and fee amounts. As always, the tuition is payable in one payment, or in multiple installments. In the case of financial need, families can apply for bursaries to cover all or part of the tuition.
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
This is a one-time refundable deposit for your child’s uniform. All girls from Piccolos, Toccatas, Chorales, and Chorus must submit this deposit when they first join the choir. The deposit can be refunded when a singer leaves the choir and:
- The VBC office receives a completed refund request form within three months of leaving the choir;
- The garment is returned in good condition within three months of leaving the choir.
UNIFORM RENTAL FEE
This is an annual non-refundable fee for your child’s uniform. It helps cover the cost of lost or damaged uniforms and garments throughout the season.
This is a non-refundable fee for all choir members. It helps cover the cost of music, including damaged or lost music throughout the season.
A membership fee is required for all VBCC families (New for 2017 and is included in this year’s tuition). This membership includes voting privileges at our AGM.
Payments can be made via cheque, cash (drop-off during business hours at our office), or credit card. Further payment details will be available after your child has auditioned and fully registered for the program.
The Vancouver Bach Children’s Chorus and Youth Choirs is pleased to award bursaries to singers in need of financial assistance. Once your child is registered for the 2017-18 season you will have an opportunity to apply for financial assistance.
The 2017-18 funds for Financial Assistance is supported by: The Loyal Protestant Association and Anonymous.
If you would like to make a contribution to our financial assistance program, you can do so via Canada Helps.
REFUNDS FOR TUITION
Tuition can be partially refunded in the event that a singer must leave choir due to illness, or their family moving away.
- A completed refund request form must be given to the VBCC office in order to receive a refund.
- A full refund may be available for those who withdraw from the choir during September.
- After September, we refund the remaining tuition (pro-rated) starting from 1 month after the withdrawal request date.
- All withdrawals are subject to a $30 administration fee.
- No refunds after February 1.
REFUNDS FOR UNIFORM DEPOSIT
The uniform deposit can be refunded when a singer leaves the choir if:
- The VBCC office receives a written request for a completed refund request form within three months of the singer leaving the choir.
- The garment is returned in good condition within three months of the singer leaving the choir.
Download and print the Tuition and Uniform Refund Request Form: